Monday 14 November 2011

My Make-up!

A small insight into what make-up I keep, what I use more often & my reviews on them.





My most used foundation - Clinique anti-blemish solutions. 2, fresh Ivory.

I picked up this foundation thinking that it would be oil free & would not give me any spots or blemishes. I was wrong, although it does sit very nicely on the skin & doesn't really move it was still quite oily & I did still get quite big spots. I don't have very oily skin but I like to get the oil free foundations so they set matte and don't leave a oily look on the skin. It also said that it was medium/full coverage but I found that I was needing to put on 2 layers in order to get the finish that I wanted, I would say it is only just a medium coverage. Although it is a nice foundation & I would buy it again I think for anyone tat has oily skin or likes a matte finish it is not the best. 
****




17 - oil control mattifying foundation spf 15.
I used this foundation with the clinique one to make it more matte and to control the oil in the clinique foundation. This was also to make it the correct colour as the fresh ivory was too light but the no 3 in the clinique foundation was too dark. If it was not for this foundation I don't think I would have continued to use the clinique foundation. I'm not sure on the coverage as it is just a drug store foundation but I would probably say it is a light/medium coverage. 
***




Dream Matte Mouse
I used this foundation on the areas of my face that needed even more oil control - usually my chin, nose and forehead. This is a nice foundation although it has no concealing qualities, it is light and easy to apply. This is a very nice foundation when used with the Maybelline dream satin liquid which is in the same range. 
***




No.7 - Stay Perfect foundation SPF 15.
This is my summer foundation - it has a light coverage with a radiant finish. It is not matte like my other foundations because I like a bit more shine in the summer to look more natural. I have it in blonde which is a bit too dark for my skin apart from when I have a bit of a tan. This foundation is excellent for when on holiday as it will stay on all day & when it is reapplied on a night it doesn't go claggy or sticky. Although if it is used through the day I do recommend that another SPF product is used in order to be able to reapply if needed. 
****




Collection 2000 - Natural Matt Foudnation - Natural Beige 
Some times I use this foundation with my No.7 for the areas that need to be oil controlled. I usually only use this if I'm going out for a whole day & I know I'm going to get quite hot. It has a medium coverage as I also use it as concealer if I feel I need it.
***




Benefit Get Even foundation powder - 02.
This is the powder I used everyday to mattify my skin even further. It has a medium coverage and takes away any discolouration from your face of foundation. It is really light & unlike other powders it doesn't go cakey. It was a bit more expensive than I would usually pay but it is worth buying if you use powder everyday. I got it for the winter & has lasted me over the summer too. 
****




Virgin Vie - Eye Boost
This is basically a foundation for your eyes, it is creamy and leaves a slightly tinted foundation on your eyelids which can act as a primer or a base coat of eye colour. I often use it on its own if I am just doing a day look, it evens out the discolouration on the eyelids and allows other eyeliners and eyeshadows to blend over the top easily. 
*****




Mac - Select SPF 15 foundation
I have recently bought this foundation as it is very matte and has a medium to full coverage. The first time I used it I still used it with all of my other products and found that it went very cakey so the second time I used without any of my other products and it seemed to be too light on my skin & moved a little bit around my oily areas. I have not used it since and so when I next use it I will experiment with what products to use with it. The shade that I have is NC35 which is the yellower shades I think. It was cheaper than I expected retailing at £19.50 although I do advise that if you want to buy it online to go on the US site & see if you can get it posted as it works out at about £16. 
*****



No.7 Intense Volume mascara.
I use this mascara every time I put on foundation the big brush applies a lot of product to the lashes coating them fully. It does give a lot of volume but only a small bit of volume so I use other products with it.
*****


Benefit Badgal Lash mascara.
This also has a big brush for intense volume and benefit has just released a new mascara to go with this one called 'They're real' which adds volume to give your lashes a fake lash effect - added with this they are voluptuous and very long. 
****



Rimmel - Define a Lash Waterproof.
This is ver yold as the packaging has been changed now but this is a lengthening mascara which separates each lash with it's skinny plastic brisseled brush. This also puts plenty of product on the lashes and if you have full thick lashes already this is an ideal mascara.
*****




Victoria Jackson duo mascara - Brown.
This is my summer mascara with a conditioner at one end and the extender on the other. This mascara gives both length and volume in one application, although I do recommend putting two layers of the colour on as the white tends to show through. This is a very light mascara but can sometimes dry quite hard & flake away if touched. 
**


Avon superShock gel eyeliner.
This is a new edition to my make-up bag which I was excited to try and I've worked with both pencil & liquid eyeliners and never really liked the finish to either and usually ended up using a black eyeshadow. This is black with sliver metallic glitter through it which is perfect for the festive season. It doesn't move & it can be used on the water & tide line in the eyes without discomfort. I have used this product several times and I am very happy with the outcome. 
*****




Benefit Smokin' Eyes set.
This is a collection of a brow wax, a wax highlighter, charcoal black eyeshadow, a grey glittery eyeshadow and a powder highlight. It also comes with a small pair of tweezers, a small pencil eyeliner and a double ended brush. It is quite expensive but I have had mine for about 2 years now and only the brow wax has ran out also the brush that it comes with is very good. 
*****


This is a Ruby & Millie eyeshadow palate that I have. It is years old and I don't think that they are made anymore. I don't really use this very much apart from the nude colour which has glitter in it on the lids for a natural look, the white as a highlighter, the brown for my eyebrows and the black for eyeliner when I want a softer finish. The shadows are not the most pigmented and it takes a while to get the colour to come out onto the skin/lid and it does often need topped up. I have used the gold once but I was not happy when I had to reapply & clean it up before I had even left the house as it had moved & most of it had rubbed away.
**


Mac - Atlantic Blue Matte Eyeshadow. 
I got this to put on when I wear my bright blue Maxi-dress. I will say that I have to use a primer when I use this but other than that it is fine - it is very pigmented and doesn't move once on. 
****

Benefit Hoola Bronzer.
This bronzer I don't use often as it is more orange than anything else. On my skin it just goes to a bright orange & no longer looks anything like a bronzer - if I am going out I can sometimes get away with wearing it with a dark eye but not through the day. Also the brush that it comes with is square and you cannot ever get it to go on blended, it usually just looks like a orange line down your face.
**


Benefit Coralista Blusher 
This is very pink and has a slight shimmer to it. I use this most days but only on the apple of my cheek as I think the shimmer in it is too much to take up the cheek bone. It is not the most dazzling blusher but it is nice. 
***




No.7 Lipliner.
I usually just use this lipliner to fill in the whole of my lips instead of using lipstick because it lasts longer. It is just in nude and so it is just a slight pinky/brown and makes it look like I nothing on my lips just evens then out and gives them a little bit of glamour. 
*****



I will upload more photographs and reviews on each product if my views change or if I buy any more but for now that is the bulk of my make-up although I'm sure it will get bigger over time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment